CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS EXPLAINED: PRACTICE & PROCEDURES
In India, an aware consumer is still far from being empowered. Cut-throat competition coupled with the greed to be the first, has led manufacturers, sellers and service providers deliver poor quality products and services, often followed with unethical practices to run away from responsibility. Although Consumer Protection Act, 1986 gives consumers the legal weapon to protect themselves, lack of guidance and clear understanding of the procedure to be adopted render consumers helpless. Thus, despite the intent, they are unable to seek redressal under the Act.
This course makes aware consumers empowered. It helps lawyers and law students get familiar with the detailed procedure to file a consumer grievance, process of approaching a Consumer Forum, detailed descriptions of laws that are applicable, accompanied illustrations and case studies to facilitate understanding.
Top 3 students in each batch will be given paid online legal internship opportunity with Legal Achiever and its affiliates (Practicing Lawyers, Law Firms, Companies and NGOs).
Course Duration: 03 months Access to Study Materials and Course Updates.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
· Define provision under the Consumer Protection and Right to Information Act and apply them to situations accordingly
· Draft a consumer complaint with ease
· Confidently approach a Consumer Forum and get aware of the redressal mechanism
· Weigh-in on the cost-benefit analysis
· Module 1 – Introduction to Consumer Protection Law
· Module 2 – Consumer Protection in India
· Module 3 – Establishment and Functions of Consumer Protection Council
· Module 4 – The Consumer Protection Act, 1986
· Module 5 – Consumer Grievance Redressal Mechanism
· Module 6 – District Consumer Protection Forum
· Module 7 – State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission
· Module 8 – National Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission
· Module 9 – Consumer Protection in Relation to Different Sectors of Economy
· Module 10 – How to Prepare and Submit a Complaint to a Consumer Forum – Case Study
· Certification Exam/ Assessment
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
· Legal Consultants and Advisors
· Law Students and Researchers
· Other stakeholders interested in Consumer Protection Law
Mode of Study: Offline
Mode of Exam:- Online
Course Duration: 03 months
Duration of Test: 1 Hour
Course Certificate: Online/PDF
Hard Copy Study Material:- Hard Copy Study Material modules to be couriered to your address
Learners must submit all assignment and secure at least 50% marks in Certification Exam at the end of the course to obtain the course certificate. Industry recognized online courses on Legal Achiever.
E-Mail us: email@example.com
For information on new courses, admission or course support call: +91- 9425757680 NOW!
Tags: CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS